POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : cloned men in suits (skin WIP 2) : Re: cloned men in suits (skin WIP 2) Server Time
7 Aug 2024 21:24:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: cloned men in suits (skin WIP 2)
From: gonzo
Date: 28 Nov 2005 14:40:00
Message: <web.438b5cc3eeac60baa0c272b50@news.povray.org>
"Tek" <tek### [at] evilsuperbraincom> wrote:

> Comments would be appreciated, particularly advice on handling such large
> scenes.

Skin is looking good on the face, but the hands look glossy & plastic.

I agree with Thomas on the physical build, unless this is a bodybuilders
convention they're overly robust.  The posing is awkward too, particularly
shoulders and the curvature of the upper arms, since a suit should lay much
flatter.  I find in Poser that using inverse kinetics is only good to move
the limbs into a basic position, but then turn it off and tweak the pose by
hand. Takes a bit longer, but really helps get a natural look.  Rotate the
shoulder slightly forward and the upper arm in towards the body to
straighten the curve.

RG