POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP well scene w/radiosity : Re: WIP well scene w/radiosity Server Time
7 Aug 2024 21:25:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP well scene w/radiosity
From: Hosiah
Date: 25 Nov 2005 22:00:01
Message: <web.4387cee828e529d4e128502e0@news.povray.org>
> You realize that the "alias pattern" textures are just result of an error,
> that is, in higher quality (turned on antialias), or moving camera, or
> zomming in, they will dissapaear?

uummmm...what alias pattern textures? I'm using variations of marble/granite
most everywhere, fog with distance 800 to make the horizon look blurry, and
julias scaled down and tweaked with outlandish numbers for the jug
patterns. It all looks the same for me with whatever intermediate
renders/angles/lights/settings/etc I was doing, and I always do final
render with anti-aliasing on anyway. If you're talking the pillars, that
was me trying to be clever and using a spiral1 to make the pillars look
twisty instead of using ISOsurfaces, then stupidly forgetting that the
light/shadow would change how they're interpretted, so the far left pillar
has no normal texture at all.

What am I missing?