POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : skin WIP : Re: skin WIP Server Time
7 Aug 2024 21:24:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: skin WIP
From: PM 2Ring
Date: 25 Nov 2005 09:25:01
Message: <web.43871e6956b083b52eef1b3b0@news.povray.org>
"Tek" <tek### [at] evilsuperbraincom> wrote:

> Anyway, the one thing I can't get from daz is nice looking pov finish
> settings. So I've been playing with a variety of lighting and material
> setups to try and get a nice effect. The skin material uses Daz's normal and
> colour maps, in a rather elaborate 5-layer material.
>

> This is still pretty early so I'd appreciate any and all comments :)

It might be early, but it's still damn impressive, Tek.

I agree with Thomas, the skin is a little too red. And some of the skin
areas (eg the dark side of the neck) are too glossy. These two effects
combine to make him look a bit like he's made of wax.

A TV/movie makeup artist would put a lot of powder on such a shiny face
before letting it in front of the camera! :) Quick powdery effects in POV
can be done using transmit; I expect you'd rather avoid the speed penalty
of using media...

Another idea: I think his moustache & beard areas could be made more
prominent. Blue pigment is used by makeup artists to enhance the presence
of beard stubble.

I hope you find this feedback helpful.