POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Pi Pool Balls : Re: The Pi Pool Balls Server Time
8 Aug 2024 06:20:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Pi Pool Balls
From: Frango com Nata
Date: 23 Nov 2005 10:15:01
Message: <web.4384873a663c0519663e2c5e0@news.povray.org>
I'd like just to know the method...

This reminds me a long-silenced doubt on why quaternion Julia fractals are
restricted to square and cube functions, being it that exponentials and
trigonometrics, as well as their inverses, can actually be generalized to
quaternions, and I wonder where the advantage of our so-called hypercomplex
numbers is. I can't expect to be the first one to point this out, but have
never read a message explaining what happens to POV-Ray's fractals
regarding this issue. Well, perhaps I should make my question in
povray.newusers...