POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Debian package for POV-Ray : Re: Debian package for POV-Ray Server Time
26 Jun 2024 03:15:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Debian package for POV-Ray
From: PM 2Ring
Date: 23 Nov 2005 09:55:00
Message: <web.438481e755a275ab74786be00@news.povray.org>
sascha <sas### [at] jpatchcom> wrote:
> > No.  The Debian POV-Ray package is apparently unmaintained for quite
>  > some time.
>
> Thanks for the info Christoph!

Thanks, Christoph, for all the work you've done on the Linux version of POV.

> > I'll second what Christoph said. I'm running a self-compiled version of 3.6
> > on Ubuntu. It works fine. No issues at all compiling it.
>
> Yes, thats true. I've never had any problems compiling or running
> POV-Ray on any Linux System. I've had a lot of problems with other
> applications though (mostly dependency issues), so my preference for
> packages is more general in nature, not POV-specific :-)

I've only been using Linux for a few weeks (and I still need to use Windows
for this stupid modem :) but I had no probs installing the standard POV
binary package on Mepis. A POV Debian package would make things a little
neater, I suppose.