POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : alien beach : Re: alien beach Server Time
7 Aug 2024 23:24:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: alien beach
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 22 Nov 2005 05:10:01
Message: <web.4382edaf996cb25c731f01d10@news.povray.org>
"Burki" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Wondering who's gonna hide behind those spikes.
Whoever it is, I reckon they've got bug eyes.

> I can spot earth's moon.
How do you know it's the earth's moon? Does it have its name on it?

> And I like the cinemascope format!
>  (Why I'm always doing 1024x768 ?????)
The standard 4/3 ratio is fine for most pictures, but I've had a couple of
scenes recently that had a lot of extraneous stuff at the edges so I've
been experimenting with different image shapes. My upcoming IRTC entry will
be no exception! In this case, the beach simply doesn't look as good really
close up... and lanscapes often look better in panoramic!

Bill