POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Image Maps (from povray.newusers) - attached files (1/1) : Re: Image Maps (from povray.newusers) - attached files (1/1) Server Time
7 Aug 2024 23:19:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Image Maps (from povray.newusers) - attached files (1/1)
From: etrask
Date: 17 Nov 2005 16:15:01
Message: <web.437cf25aaacb514e45da7f10@news.povray.org>
When I am making a compound texture I #declare each individual part of it,
then apply it to a plane at { y, 0} so it's easier to see and tweak. I
probably am doing something wrong, but the object pattern had a lot of
turbulence to it, even without a turbulence keyword. After I set it to 0
the problem went away. I use MegaPOV 1.2, if that makes a difference.

And as for the fresnel part, it's just a habit... :P

Alain <ele### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
> Why the turbulence 0?
> If your object don't have an ior, fresnel does nothing. Look in the documentation
for the working.

> --
> Alain
> File not found. Should I fake it? (Y/N)