POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Australia. : Re: Australia. Server Time
8 Aug 2024 06:18:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Australia.
From: Burki
Date: 15 Nov 2005 13:00:00
Message: <web.437a20d8f94adb4dd61e8c370@news.povray.org>
Tim Cook <z99### [at] bellsouthnet> wrote:
> Her's the Earth, looking at Australia.

Funny,

I'm going to leave the discussion topic a bit, but
just by chance I downloaded the 8km/pixel file of July before I read this
thread. And as all these Blue Marble pictures are Mercator projections, I
thought it was a good idea to...
Well, two continents one thought...

The original satellite image was more a _Black_ Marble to me, so I made it a
bit lighter (Photopaint).

But when I saw your image I thought: "Hey let's give the NZers a chance!",
and changed from my home coordinates:

       // Latitude
       //rotate 9.93948843330146 * y  // East is Plus
       // Longitude
       //rotate -53.584204427898 * x  // North is Minus

To the coords of Christchurch

        rotate (-90 + 172.66) * y
        rotate 43.5 * x

But anyway, I've got two questions:
These deep sea trenches west of Australia won't show up. Did you made them
afterwards?
And how did you do the athmosperic rim - a second sphere filled with media?

Yours,
Bu.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: