POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Australia. : Re: Australia. Server Time
8 Aug 2024 06:17:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Australia.
From: Jaap
Date: 14 Nov 2005 16:20:00
Message: <web.4378ff6df94adb4da8399d8d0@news.povray.org>
Tim Cook <z99### [at] bellsouthnet> wrote:
> No, I literally don't have any software that can read such a large
> image.  ^^;  Paint Shop Pro, GIMP, Photoshop, and so forth, can't read
> images larger than a certain size, I think around 32768 for either
> dimension, which the 500 m/pixel set definitely exceeds, horizontally...
Just tried to copy-paste a 3500 pixels wide image in MS-Paint (XP-prof)
today:
No warnings, just a nice crash :-) repeatable on other systems as well...
(that's with 1.5GB of memory) On the other hand, the new notpad in XP will
load files larger than 64kb (it will take an hour or so, and actually using
it after that is next to impossible.)