POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : how to check if an object is in the camera view : Re: how to check if an object is in the camera view Server Time
1 Jul 2024 02:51:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: how to check if an object is in the camera view
From: Jaap
Date: 6 Nov 2005 17:20:01
Message: <web.436e81758e315a6a8399d8d0@news.povray.org>
Very nice.

I see you used an extra 2.5 degrees at either side of the camera angle, and
you
ignored the radius of your object "sphere". You will have to make sure that
this save margin is sufficient for the object size and it's shadows (if
any).
If you are using radiosity, you could replace the object with a simpler
version and a plain texture, because (large) objects outside the camera
view still can affect the lighting when radiosity is used.

I never used this trick myself, but i will try it in my next animation.