POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Challange.. : Re: Challange.. Server Time
7 Aug 2024 23:15:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Challange..
From: stm31415
Date: 3 Nov 2005 08:50:01
Message: <web.436a154abe30d582d71e0@news.povray.org>
"Sebastian H." <van### [at] gmxde> wrote:
> Stefan Persson [azynkron] wrote:
> > This is kind of a challange..
> >
> > The following image was modelled in MAX and
> > rendered with VRay.. it's not a master piece, I know,
> > but the challange is to reproduce it in POV-Ray.
> > That's the first part.
>
> The only solution without using a modeler I can think of
> is isosurfaces. And that would be pure math crunching, which
> takes relative long compared to CA spline shaping.
>
> Maybe I'll give it a try but not today.
>
> Sebastian

What about blobbed spheres filling a given csg form? Do a looped
random_inside (I think that's what it's called, I don't have time to look
it up now) of blob elements. It ought to give you something like that
texture. As far as getting the slightly goofy shapes, a hand-made mesh
might be pull-offable. Or maybe a macro that places mesh points around a
spline, for the text... hmmm. I'd be happy to try it, BUT it's November -
so I have a novel to write first. Maybe at christmastime.

-s
5TF!