POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : more Ringworld : Re: more Ringworld Server Time
8 Aug 2024 06:15:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: more Ringworld
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 3 Nov 2005 06:35:00
Message: <web.4369f5a4e9e218d9731f01d10@news.povray.org>
Alain <ele### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
> If the surface gravity is aroung 1G and the air pressure at ground level is similar
to ours, then
> about 90% of that mountain is in vacuum!

Yep! Cool, eh? Unlucky for those in the immediate vicinity, but good for the
Ringworld as a whole - at least the atmosphere won't drain away and spray
into space at 770m/s.

However, in that case I should probably remove more greenery from the lower
slopes (not that you can see clearly in that image...)

Bill