POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The world is flat! : Re: The world is flat! Server Time
8 Aug 2024 01:22:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The world is flat!
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 26 Oct 2005 09:05:01
Message: <web.435f7e721389c621731f01d10@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlnet> wrote:
> ... and now with Shadow Squares.
> The greenish clouds are an effect of radiosity.

That's really good. I think it looks better than anything I managed. I might
have to dig out my code - we can have a Ring-off!

One point, however: to my mind, the shadowed areas of the arch should be the
same colour as the sky - just like the shadowed areas of the moon in our
sky during daylight. The lit areas of the ring would probably not cast that
much light - certainly less than the earthlight cast onto the moon.

Otherwise, keep 'em coming!

Bill