POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Black Pearl (no, not a sailing ship!) : Re: Black Pearl (no, not a sailing ship!) Server Time
8 Aug 2024 01:13:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Black Pearl (no, not a sailing ship!)
From: Joanne Simpson
Date: 21 Oct 2005 05:15:01
Message: <web.4358b06845d6fa38dc45bc820@news.povray.org>
Daniel Hulme <pho### [at] isticorg> wrote:
> > Q: How do I give an idea of the scale?
> You could put it against a wooden surface with an appropriate grain, or
> have a macroscopic background (maybe of a room you have done in the
> past) heavily focus-blurred. You could attach a slender chain or thread
> to it, or have some visible skin near it (a finger, a neck) if you are
> feeling like spending a lot of time on the background.
you could just hang it from an ear, like the girl with a pearl earring in
this year's POVCOMP.
Now we can see the pink diamonds it's clear why it would be so expensiVe!
I would expect a black pearl to have an iridescent surface, and may be some
irregularity of shape.
Joanne
http://www.onewhiteraven.com