POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Can you tell what it is yet? : Re: Can you tell what it is yet? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 08:16:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can you tell what it is yet?
From: Karl Anders
Date: 13 Oct 2005 03:00:01
Message: <web.434e05b34ff5b9987d39e9c30@news.povray.org>
"Anthony D. Baye" <Sha### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> Mike Williams wrote:
> > Apart from the absence of the plasma tube, I'd say it was Thistledown.
> >
> > Where does your hollow asteroid get its light from?
> >
> Wow.  Someone else reads what I read.
>
> A.D.B.
>
> P.S. Alain,  Gravity is based on mass.  A sphere the size of earth's
> orbit with a shell thick enough to withstand impacts would naturally
> have a reasonable amount of gravity on it's inside surface.

Sorry Anthony,
but Alain is right. Inside a sphere there is no gravity from the sphere -
ask any physics guy ( me, eg ;-) ); at least if the sphere is homogeneuos
(spelling?). While Your statement definitely sounds convincing, this is one
of the few cases proving common sense can go wrong without dealing with
quantum mechanics ...

Happy Raytracing to all

Karl