POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Doodle (116KB) : Re: Doodle (116KB) Server Time
8 Aug 2024 01:13:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Doodle (116KB)
From: Mack Tuesday
Date: 10 Oct 2005 14:10:00
Message: <web.434aadb6e7ffaa39526d08610@news.povray.org>
Raf256 <spa### [at] raf256cominvalid> wrote:
> Mack Tuesday <web.4346ab76e6623c90526d08610@news.povray.org> Friday 07 of
> October 2005 19:09
>
> > coolmojo.PNG
>
> please name files like: coolmojo.png
>
> advanced operating systems, like linux, recognize upper/lower case, and
> there is no program that opens .PNG (there are programs for .png .jpg and
> so on, though)
>
> --

So where did the upper case extension come from, anyway?  This is how my
post looks in the browser I'm using:

===
A couple of friends and I are thinking about starting a web site.  I was
fiddling around and came up with this.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'coolmojo.png' (116 KB)

Preview of image 'coolmojo.png'
<image>
===

When I download the image, it comes in with a lower case extension.  This is
what I would expect because I never touched the filename between its
creation and its uploading.