POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Castle of Dracula, WIP of course... : Re: Castle of Dracula, WIP of course... Server Time
8 Aug 2024 04:11:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Castle of Dracula, WIP of course...
From: RusHHouR
Date: 6 Oct 2005 16:45:00
Message: <web.43458c6af35aaabb47d3ae5e0@news.povray.org>
Well, Tim.. from what I saw in ur webpage, you have great skills in manga
style drawings.. Wow!

I think I'll skip the Nekomimi on this one, actually. The idea was to make
the still I found to look 3d... and I'll stick with that. If it is the mon
you refer to.. well.. I had one, but it kinda disappeared behind the
clouded sky.. :/

However the manga/anime style of drawing not only characters but also
buildingsand environment is very cool and appealing. Maybe something for an
upcoming project.. Although having seen Advent Children, I dont know if I
should feel thrilled or discouraged about even trying.. :)

Orchid, the lack of AA in the castle can partly be explained by the very few
blur_samples in this particular render.. I think..(?) Trying different
textures/patterns for the castle walls has been VERY tricky for me.. At
least I have now, much to late, finally declared the textures to make the
experimentation a bit easier.. =)

Agree about the mist, or fog, also.. should be better matched with the
pattern of the water/clouds.. But main focus right now is to get all the
parts of the building complex in place.