POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : STOPPING a render does not "release" computer : Re: STOPPING a render does not "release" computer Server Time
28 Jun 2024 20:53:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: STOPPING a render does not "release" computer
From: Kenneth
Date: 4 Oct 2005 14:00:00
Message: <web.4342c1722e26f41855cad30e0@news.povray.org>
> Alain wrote:
> > True if you run windows NT, 2000 or XP, also if using any Linux distro.
> > FALSE if you use Win 95, 98, SE or ME! Win 9x memory management just suck.
>
> One word: nonsense.
>
>  Thorsten

Hmm... there seems to be a very interesting difference of opinion(s) here.
: )   But I've learned something new from each and every post, so my
thanks to all.  I suppose I should do a bit of research on my own, to try
and understand the arcania of the Windows hard drive OS (...gee, what
fun...) so I can better
understand what's going on. But as I mentioned earlier, when shutting the
program down through the TaskManager per Christoph's suggestion (shall we
call it "terminating with extreme prejudice" ??)  there do not SEEM to be
any ill effects, at least on my Win98SE system,  So that seems a viable
option for me. Of course, I'd still appreciate hearing other opinions!

Thanks again, everyone!!