POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : NIagara WIP Fife Rail (80k) : NIagara WIP Fife Rail (80k) Server Time
8 Aug 2024 04:10:35 EDT (-0400)
  NIagara WIP Fife Rail (80k)
From: Tim McMurdo
Date: 28 Sep 2005 14:25:00
Message: <web.433adfae47694371acb32c570@news.povray.org>
Here is my latest attempt at modeling coiled rope attached to a belaying
pin. I created a macro that allows me to control specific parameters such
as rope size, pigment darkness, number of turns, etc. The issue I had
before was that in photo's of real rigging, there are always big heaps of
messy coiled ropes & my previous attempts were just too clean. Combine the
desired messiness with the fact that not all ropes are the same size and
color & I just had to revisit this area of the model. I think this is much
better.

Tim

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'fife_rails_test_1.jpg' (78 KB)

Preview of image 'fife_rails_test_1.jpg'
fife_rails_test_1.jpg