POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : POVRay 3.6.1 source code -- or 3.6.0 binaries : Re: POVRay 3.6.1 source code -- or 3.6.0 binaries Server Time
2 Jun 2024 07:07:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVRay 3.6.1 source code -- or 3.6.0 binaries
From: Ali Naddaf
Date: 28 Sep 2005 13:20:01
Message: <web.433ad02113c4b71f96adfda40@news.povray.org>
> Ali Naddaf wrote:
> > Hello everyone.
> >
> > I am trying to make some minor changes to the source code to test some stuff
> > and the latest source code that I can find seems to be 3.6.0. As the readme
> > file indicates, I also need to have the binaries for the same version but
> > the "Older Versions" link only gives me 3.6.1 binary on Windows and not
> > 3.6.0, so either I need to get the source for 3.6.1 (to work with my 3.6.1
> > binaries) or I need to find 3.6.0 binaries to work with my existing source
> > code.
> >
> > Anyone knows where I can get either of these two?
>
> Have you tried simply using the packages available?  If this does not
> work what it the problem?
>
> Note to get the changes from 3.6.0 to 3.6.1 you can merge the Unix
> source package (which should be up-to-date) with the older Windows
> source package.
>
> Christoph
>
> --
> POV-Ray tutorials, include files, Landscape of the week:
> http://www.tu-bs.de/~y0013390/ (Last updated 24 Jul. 2005)
> MegaPOV with mechanics simulation: http://megapov.inetart.net/

Christof,
Currently, I have:

Source: 3.6.0
Binaries: 3.6.1

Per instructions in the source, I compiled vc.net project successfully. It
resulted in pvengine.exe. I then tried to use that executable by replacing
my pvengine.exe in the binary distribution (3.6.1) with this newly compiled
one. It complains about:

"Editor DLL initialisation failed [LoadLibrary failed, code 0000007e]"

which I assume is caused since I am mixing my new 3.6.0 executable with the
editor library for 3.6.1. That is why I would like to get a hold of the
3.6.1 source code -or- 3.6.0 binaries.

Using the UNIX source code is most likely not going to work since the
problem that I am seeing seems to be a windows related issue (editor dll
and such) which tells me there must be some changes in the windows specific
areas of the code between 3.6.0 and 3.6.1.

Thanks,
Ali.