POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IsoStones : Re: IsoStones Server Time
8 Aug 2024 12:19:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IsoStones
From: PM 2Ring
Date: 20 Sep 2005 10:05:01
Message: <web.433014ed8195286cf00e1300@news.povray.org>
povray <pov### [at] almostbestwebnet> wrote:

>   http://www.deviantart.com/view/23117961/

Nice, but think this machine would be thrashing the swap file with that
scene, povray!

I don't know if those lobe-shaped stones look real though... and what are
those strange speckled patches on the sand? Totally transparent stones,
coincident with the ground, maybe? I suppose both of these effects could be
intentional.. the lobed stones remind my of an X-files episode, where
Mulder finds a pair of intersecting coins.

I've worked out how easy it is to place my IsoStones on an isosurface, but I
haven't got the look quite right yet.