POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IsoStones : Re: IsoStones Server Time
8 Aug 2024 12:17:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IsoStones
From: PM 2Ring
Date: 18 Sep 2005 11:05:01
Message: <web.432d812e81952861093c2050@news.povray.org>
Chris Cason <nos### [at] deletethispovrayorg> wrote:
> PM 2Ring wrote:
> > This group of stones is a single isosurface. The wet sand is a
> > normal-perturbed plane. The stone textures are the standard textures
> > in stones.inc.
>
> This is nice work. Perhaps once you've finished with your tweaks to it you
> may like to consider submitting it (or a variation thereof) for consideration
> as a standard POV-Ray example scene.

Thanks, Chris! I would be delighted to submit a variation of this scene for
consideration as a standard POV-Ray example scene. I've (almost) given up
improving the stone displacement, but I've been polishing up the code,
adding comments & better identifiers. I'll post my latest version in a day
or so, when I get the chance.

I could add a sand isosurface & maybe even a water object, but I don't want
to make the scene too complex. Besides, from my tests today, the minor
visual improvements don't justify the increased render time.