POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : problems with radiosity : Re: problems with radiosity Server Time
8 Aug 2024 06:12:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: problems with radiosity
From: avplat
Date: 14 Sep 2005 16:00:00
Message: <web.43287ff9d8989f9673333a0@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford wrote:

> Bump up nearest_count and count. (Tim was certainly right), also turn
> always_sample back on.

I tried with count 500. There are 3 lines remaining. I will try higher
parameter values, and will also try with different light types.

> There *could* be a problem with coincident surfaces (I have seen very
> strange lighting artifacts with them)

What do you mean?

What makes me wonder is that the lines are strictly horizontal related to
the *image*. They does not seem to relate to anything in the scene...

Btw, can it be antialiasing-related problem? I am using depth 3 with default
threshold (0.3).

Andrey