POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : problems with radiosity : Re: problems with radiosity Server Time
8 Aug 2024 06:15:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: problems with radiosity
From: avplat
Date: 14 Sep 2005 13:45:00
Message: <web.43286094d8989f9673333a0@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford wrote:

> What does the rest of your radiosity block look like? Or could you post
> the scene source?
>
> I understand if you don't want to, but it might give some of us an
> opportunity to play with the scene a bit to figure it out.

Radiosity block looks like this:

        radiosity {
                pretrace_start 0.08
                pretrace_end 0.01
                error_bound 3
                gray_threshold 0.5
                always_sample off
                count 50
                nearest_count 8
                recursion_limit 3
                }

Tim Nikias (I also posted this message in "newusers") suggested to play with
"nearset_count" and "count". My "nearest_count" is as big as he suggested.
Right now I am rendering with "count 300", but lines still remain, maybe a
little better. I will try 500 at night.

It is absolutely not a problem to post a source. But this is a kitchen with
all the furniture, etc. Original size is 27 MB... Archive size is around
1MB... It is not possible to post it here.