POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Grass using MultiMesh : Re: Grass using MultiMesh Server Time
8 Aug 2024 06:14:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Grass using MultiMesh
From: PM 2Ring
Date: 7 Sep 2005 22:55:00
Message: <web.431fa724d597e82bad93754b0@news.povray.org>
Tony <trymer4atthisdomainyahoo.com> wrote:
> PM 2Ring wrote:
>
>   > "PM 2Ring" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> >
> >>Here's a simple scene of grass, using the 'MultiMesh' technique I described
> >>in the General message area.
> >

> > That message, BTW, was <web.431c5b735fa5904d43d28a00@news.povray.org>
> >
> > Here's an image which uses a single mesh overlapped with itself. Even here,
> > its hard to notice the duplicate sub-meshes, unless you're looking for
> > them. :)
>
> Wow, that's fantastic. I won't pretend to understand what's going on, but I
> can  sure think of all kinds of uses.  Feathers, fur, broader leaved
> plants...now if I can figure out how to code those I'll be set.

Thanks, Tony. Glad you like it. The concept is fairly simple, but it can be
hard to explain in words. :) I doubt the idea is new; I'm probably just
re-inventing the wheel.

Render the scene that I posted in
<web.431c5b735fa5904d43d28a00@news.povray.org> and if you have any specific
questions, just ask & I'll try to answer them.