POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IRTC - The first day! : Re: IRTC - The first day! Server Time
10 Sep 2024 21:25:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC - The first day!
From: Chris
Date: 6 Sep 2005 00:15:00
Message: <web.431d16f39fdfae96d069f8280@news.povray.org>
"Tyler Eaves" <tyl### [at] mailshackcom> wrote:
> Well, the new IRTC round is Oppisites. I've decided to do a railway-themed
> entry. I started modeling today and have made I think a good amount of
> progress for a single afternoon.

   Looks good so far. However, the rails are usually attached to the ties by
plates. The plate goes onto the tie, the rail goes on the plate and a spike
is hammered through the plate, into the tie holding down the rail. All the
ones I have seen are very rusty compared to the rails. Check out the
following web site - http://www.akrailroad.com/track_assemble.html
   In addition, all of the ties in real use are almost all a deep charcol
black in color from the creosote that covers them. This would create a
great texture component to your scene.

Chris Holtorf