POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : HDRI : Re: HDRI Server Time
8 Aug 2024 06:16:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HDRI
From: s day
Date: 3 Sep 2005 18:30:01
Message: <web.431a23df6131d07380a37e000@news.povray.org>
Florian Brucker <tor### [at] torfboldcom> wrote:
> > Any comments/advice appreciated. There are no light sources just HDR.
>
> The image itself lacks contrast IMHO. It would also be nice to have a
> direct HDRI <-> non HDRI comparison (Simply use an image of a "normal"
> render of your background as pigment for the second one).

Hmmm, I have re-rendered the non-HDRI image now just using a normal image
map. I must admit I am a bit confused as I can not tell any difference
between the two images. I would appreciate it if anyone can tell me what I
must be doing wrong with my HDR attempt.

Sean

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'chessnohdr.jpg' (42 KB)