POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Is this correct? : Re: Is this correct? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 06:21:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is this correct?
From: stm31415
Date: 29 Aug 2005 17:40:01
Message: <web.431380619e9bad179b0dd50e0@news.povray.org>
Yes, that is what will happen. This is why distributed processing is such a
pain with radiosity: samples are collected from those pixels IN the image,
not off of it. My IRTC 'Museum' entry was distributed, so the light in the
top half is not quite the same as that in the bottom half. There may be a
way to pre-render samples from a fisheye image, and apply that to a
sectional image, but if there is, I do not know what it is. This also makes
light composition difficult in many cases- if a window is not bright
enough, you cannot plce it behind the camera and expect to get radiosity
from it.

-s
5TF!