POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : "You people work like this?" revisited. : Re: "You people work like this?" revisited. Server Time
28 Jun 2024 22:26:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "You people work like this?" revisited.
From: 1Daedalus
Date: 26 Aug 2005 13:30:00
Message: <web.430f5086bb1b079d40d52b80@news.povray.org>
There are some other aspects to consider as well.  Although a GUI is helpful

syntax the colorized editor just slows you down, and for more sophisticated
tasks the GUI can prove limiting and just get in the way.

For example, when creating animated sequences, it is helpful to endow
objects in the scene with knowledge of their dynamic abilities and an

case, I use Python to define the objects, their dynamic operations, and to
script their actions for the sequence I have in mind.  When the Python code
runs, the objects self-generate the necessary povray statements to render
the image for each frame in the sequence.  The command-line interface makes

scene files are generated and rendered automatically there is no need for a
GUI or other editor that understands the povray syntax.