POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Love the colors but ... : Re: Love the colors but ... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:36:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Love the colors but ...
From: NumbC
Date: 26 Aug 2005 09:40:00
Message: <web.430f1afe17cc8606726bd13c0@news.povray.org>
> In the future, please check the list of known bugs before reporting them again:
>
>    o There is an issue with media and transparency. See
>      <42769324$1@news.povray.org>.
>    o The windows editor does not always detect new files as type 'povray'.
>    o In many cases speed is not as good as 3.6.
>    o Photon support is not yet completed.
>    o There are some differences in the way gamma correction works.

Are the square & line artifacts in the image a result of these known issues?
That was my main concern, not the media and transparency or photon support.

BTW, here is the missing 'proper' bug information:
POV-Ray version: 3.7.0.beta.8.icl8.win32
OS version: Windows XP SP2 UK
PC: Intel P4 2.6Ghz, 2GB RAM