POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : interior fade_color and photons : Re: interior fade_color and photons Server Time
8 Aug 2024 08:14:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: interior fade_color and photons
From: PM 2Ring
Date: 5 Aug 2005 07:20:01
Message: <web.42f34b53d09e5752a196ebe30@news.povray.org>
"Ross" <rli### [at] everestkcnet> wrote:
> It seems if i turn photons on, fade_color on the sphere part of the
> exclamation mark disappears and is rendered simply as clear glass. with
> photons off, the sphere is rendered colored. Scene file is in
> povray.text.scene-files. Does anyone see an error in my pov script? Am I
> missing a photons option? The same occurs, if i remember correctly, with
> radiosity off.

Hi Ross,

I've had a quick look at your code, and I suggest that you use 'collect off'
in your photon block for the sphere - it's accumulating too many photons
and they are swamping the subtler effects.

See the 3.6 docs: 3.6.3.3  Photons FAQ and also look at the example scenes
in scenes/lights/ phot_met_glass.pov and glassthing.pov by Christoph
Hormann. There is a sign error in glassthing.pov, which causes the base of
the object to overlap with the floor, so you might want to fix that before
rendering.

Nice glass, BTW... I can't wait to see your final version.