POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The freon ocean (133KB) : Re: The freon ocean (133KB) Server Time
8 Aug 2024 08:10:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The freon ocean (133KB)
From: PM 2Ring
Date: 5 Aug 2005 06:25:00
Message: <web.42f33e32bb739016a196ebe30@news.povray.org>
Stefan Viljoen <spamnot@<removethis>polard.com> wrote:
> Hi guys
>
> A cosine surface done with k3dsurf, and my very first rendering with
> radiosity (been around for years, o'course, I never got around to it until
> yesterday).

Wow! I wish my first radiosity pic looked this good, Stefan. Well done!

> In flights of fancy, a freon ocean on a small planet in a distant solar
> system, with a twinned sun and moon.

Is Freon really blue in bulk? Anyway, it looks nice and it does look like a
low density liquid to my untrained eyes. :)

> Simple planes and a standard povray sky, with a Colefax galaxy and
> lensflare.

I would expect a planet with a Freon ocean to have *very* severe rainstorms,
as the atmosphere attempts to condense at nightfall. :) E.E 'Doc' Smith
wrote about a planet with a hydrosphere like that, where they had 40 feet
of rain every night.