POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Job? : Re: Job? Server Time
1 Jul 2024 03:14:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Job?
From: David
Date: 3 Aug 2005 09:10:01
Message: <web.42f0c1fb990053039ce72f3c0@news.povray.org>
Jeff Houck <jho### [at] cableonenet> wrote:
> Punkt wrote:
> > Sounds interesting.
> > Tell us more, please.
> >

> > "David" <epi### [at] yahoocom> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> >
> >>Hi all:-) I'm a writer from Chicago and am currently in pre-production of

> >>new animated television series based on the old Star Fleet games (nothing
> >>to do with Star Trek). I'm writing to see if anyone is interested in doing
> >>any CGI work for the project?
> >

> What's your pay scale?

Well, that's going to depend heavily on the quality of your portfolio. I was
quoted about $6k for the cg work on the pilot already and I'm taking other
bids. Right now, we're working on two teasers of about 2 minutes each as a
way to get our feet wet and test the process. I suspect work for a two
minute short will be far less expensive than for a 24 minute pilot. The
first teaser will be pretty easy from the CGI standpoint. A few space
shots, some explosions from bombardment, etc. The second teaser will be on
the ship, so there will be a lot more involved. There will also be some
fighting in the second one as well.

Hope that helps

David