POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : electron microscope-like effect (152 k) : Re: electron microscope-like effect (152 k) Server Time
8 Aug 2024 14:17:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: electron microscope-like effect (152 k)
From: helge h
Date: 2 Aug 2005 12:00:00
Message: <web.42ef9755badb99648072d1170@news.povray.org>
Hey, this caused quite a lot of response, thanks for the interest.

> You need MegaPov for the aoi-pattern though.

MegaPov requires Windows, I believe; I'm on a Mac. But it would be nice to
see an example.

> Creative usage of shadowless lights. Makes me think of nanobots.
>
> I went looking for intersecting parts in there, because I knew if you didn't
> use collision avoidance that I'd see a lot of that, and was about to think
> there weren't any such places; then happened to notice the center. Just a
> little to the left of exact center. I was looking around the sides and into
> the background first.

I saw it, but let's leave them alone; they're probably making more nanobots.
:)

> Anyway, it's a very eye-catching image!

Thanks!

> zorglub:

> A different approach

Very nice! I had a similar idea, but I thought of using a positive light and
then inverting the image afterwards in Photoshop Elements. It didn't work
so well, so I abandoned it. But yours looks great!