POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : It's 1:30am, I'm drunk, and isosurfaces are way cool... : Re: It's 1:30am, I'm drunk, and isosurfaces are way cool... Server Time
8 Aug 2024 10:28:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: It's 1:30am, I'm drunk, and isosurfaces are way cool...
From: Mark Birch
Date: 1 Aug 2005 08:10:00
Message: <web.42ee0fe61947e40c8bee82df0@news.povray.org>
Larry Hudson <org### [at] yahoocom> wrote:

> Hmm...  Don't know why, but I keep seeing the lower half as one of those
> Escher-like impossible, inside-out figures.  When I look closely I can
> see it definitely is not, but there's something about the lighting, the
> position or whatever that confuses my eyes.  Rotating it 90 degrees CCW
> helps, but still...  Of course, maybe it's just me.  ;-)
>
> I'll have to look at it again the next time I'm drunk...    ;-)
>
>       -=- Larry -=-

Where would the raytracing world be without Escher?

Oddly enough, I'm just starting my own version of 'cubic space division',
and the scene the light fixture is going into started out as a minimalistic
version of that.  No optical illusions were intended though, but you
understand I just *had* to radius that inner corner.

Mark