POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : It's 1:30am, I'm drunk, and isosurfaces are way cool... : Re: It's 1:30am, I'm drunk, and isosurfaces are way cool... Server Time
8 Aug 2024 10:23:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: It's 1:30am, I'm drunk, and isosurfaces are way cool...
From: Mark Birch
Date: 1 Aug 2005 08:00:01
Message: <web.42ee0dd71947e40c8bee82df0@news.povray.org>
"Anthony D. Baye" <Sha### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

> Very Nice,
>
> I have an industrial type scene that could use a fixture like that.  I
> was actually working on one of those red emergency lights in the wire cage.
>
> How thick is the glass at it's thinnest point? (And can you post your code?)
>
> regards,
>
> A.D.B.

The glass at it's thinnest point (as I've modelled it anyway) is about 4mm,
which in a small dome-shape means it's pretty chunky.  Should handle fairly
well in a small POV-explosion or something.

The modle is fairly complete, though it could use a couple of extra bits of
detail, like screws to hold the enclosure shut, and I still need to put a
light bulb in it and figure out how to get the light cast out from it to
look good without taking too long to render...

Anyway, this is what it looks like with the glass dome complete.
Will post code in PBSF.  Scale is 1 PU = 1m.

Mark.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'test.jpg' (9 KB)