POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : It's 1:30am, I'm drunk, and isosurfaces are way cool... : It's 1:30am, I'm drunk, and isosurfaces are way cool... Server Time
8 Aug 2024 10:27:04 EDT (-0400)
  It's 1:30am, I'm drunk, and isosurfaces are way cool...
From: Mark Birch
Date: 30 Jul 2005 09:50:01
Message: <web.42eb8455e78b7aecb98722320@news.povray.org>
I picked up this terrific light fitting from a sparky at work, and thought
it
would look good in a scene I'm working on.  The base is pure CSG (autocad
sure
helps with getting those tangents right) but the zigzaggy bit is cut out
from a merge using isosurfaces (it's going to be a glass texture later, but
I want to see what the shape looks like now).  I'm thinking that I will
plug a whole lot of photons through it when it is finished, then render the
output as a sort of 'projected through' image map to fake the caustics, or
it's going to take
ages to render with radiosity+normals, area lights & focal blur.

Anyhoo, like I said, I'm drunk & I just wanted to share.
Will keep you posted on the scene as it develops.
BTW This community rocks (I love you guys, I really really, ... I need to go
peee....)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'solace3.jpg' (62 KB)