POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Miniscapes : Re: Miniscapes Server Time
8 Aug 2024 10:23:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Miniscapes
From: s day
Date: 29 Jul 2005 08:30:01
Message: <web.42ea211169827bf879fdcb760@news.povray.org>
Gena <gen### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> Mienai wrote:
> > so, all these are post-processing, or something you do on the fly?
>
> All scenes were constructed in POV-Ray then resulting (base)
> images/files were passed through my 3D filter which is actually
> POV-Ray macro with eval_pigment function. That macro builds just
> one blob object consisting lots of scaled sphere blob elements.
> Each that element has a color corresponding to the color of the
> base image in that position.
>
> So, this is 3D post-processing and final image is a real 3D image
> with one big blob object. Although it has a 2D look & feel :)
>
> Gena.

Looks good and is a clever technique, I would say these are valid entries to
IRTC as they are not really post processed ie the final image is generated
by POV-Ray. The problem is a lot of people would wrongly mark them down if
they did not read/understand the technique.

Do you have to use more than one blob? I thought the upper limit on blobs
was 255 components?

Sean