POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Kepler Solar System - Take 4 [~180kb] : Re: Kepler Solar System - Take 4 [~180kb] Server Time
8 Aug 2024 10:22:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kepler Solar System - Take 4 [~180kb]
From: PM 2Ring
Date: 28 Jul 2005 10:00:00
Message: <web.42e8e4b2d41a1e037856bfaa0@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlnet> wrote:
> Going back to my old projects. This is an intermediary take. I started
> working on the surroundings. The new floor is nice (I think!) but with the
> libraries (Gilles Tran's MakeLibrary), the rooms needs a wooden floor I
> think, and wainscots.

Maybe one of Kepler's own pentagonal tilings... would they look good as
parquetry?

> Hesitating about a window (invisible, left) or artificial lighting (my
> preference).

I don't like the placement of the near bookcase, especially how it obscures
the portrait. How about moving the back wall back another two metres or so,
to create a corridor going off to our right? Then you could have the two
bookcases side by side, with one of them disappearing onto the corridor. I
think this would also look good with lighting from the left.

> Need lots of scrolls too.

I think the room still works without fancy scrollwork.

> As always, comments very appreciated!
> To PM 2Ring: I posted the missing and corrected files in p.b.s-f. (hope all
> is complete!)

Thanks, Thomas. I'll check them in the morning.