POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Aussie Dollars : Re: Aussie Dollars Server Time
8 Aug 2024 18:14:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Aussie Dollars
From: PM 2Ring
Date: 28 Jul 2005 03:45:01
Message: <web.42e88c1688096173ad93754b0@news.povray.org>
Alberto Mendoza <jac### [at] usbve> wrote:
> Nice work PM 2Ring.

Thanks, Alberto. Those coin images I rendered at home look too bright on my
machine here at work. The one below was done at work. I'm posting a .png,
because the JPEG has too many artifacts (and I don't have my usual image
processing software here).

> However, to me, the overall contrast in this scene is to low. The
> highlights (phong or specular) should be higher and the dark parts more
> darker. I would try to lower the brightness of the coin color. Those are
> my thoughts. I'm sure you have done many tests but I hope this may help.
>
> Alberto.

I trust you find the new image has much better contrast and highlights. :)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'coinq0.png' (490 KB)

Preview of image 'coinq0.png'