POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Amillary, last major "test" render. : Re: Amillary, last major "test" render. Server Time
8 Aug 2024 10:24:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Amillary, last major "test" render.
From: Lonnie
Date: 28 Jul 2005 02:00:07
Message: <web.42e87347cd660c9f3b3a698d0@news.povray.org>
> Looking nice, Lonnie, but use a font that won't give you slashed zeroes, or
> use the letter 'O'. You might want to boost brilliance on your brass: have
> a look at the range in metals.inc.

I tried for quite some time to get a boost in the overall brightness of my
brass.  I turned off radiosity and there it was.  It seems that a really
brilliant metallic finish with the radiosity required I turn DOWN
brilliance to about .6 and raise diffuse.  I gave up on fonts - going to
use height_fields for all my lettering.