POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : First HDRI Post : First HDRI Post Server Time
8 Aug 2024 10:26:13 EDT (-0400)
  First HDRI Post
From: s day
Date: 22 Jul 2005 04:20:01
Message: <web.42e0ac1cdb3e99f22930beed0@news.povray.org>
Actually it's my second post but thought I should do a proper first post.
This is my first megapov image so I thought I would jump straight in and
create my first HDRI image as well. I created my own probe using my povcomp
entry (Natural History Museum).
I know the tiles could do with a bit more work on the textures and even the
modelling but this was more about testing how HDR actually works.
The scene is one I created a while ago with a wooden floor, I just changed
the floor to be tiled so it would fit the 'first post' rule..

Any hints and tips on using HDRI would be very appreciated as I am not too
sure what I am doing. (e.g. do photons work properly with HDR? do I need to
specify anything extra you would normally add them to the light source but
I do not know if you can add them to the HDRI light source?)

I may have to do a really shiny chrome ball image as well because I think
they just look sooo good with HDRI.

Thanks,

Sean

Post a reply to this message