POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lighting advice? : Re: Lighting advice? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 10:22:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lighting advice?
From: Tom York
Date: 20 Jul 2005 16:05:01
Message: <web.42dead8e62fa711ee0d101b60@news.povray.org>
New go, but to get it I altered assumed_gamma from 1.0 to 2.2 (my
display_gamma is correct for my monitor at 2.2). With assumed_gamma 1.0
(which I know is the "correct" setting) it seems quite difficult to avoid a
bright, flat lit image for some scenes (including this one). There is a
larger version at

http://www.zubenelgenubi.34sp.com/temp/tvo2_lrg.jpg

(1280x960, 150k)

"Ross" <rli### [at] everestkcnet> wrote:

> I don't know the best way, but I think a very strong bright light comming
> through the top on one side, like a sun at 2 o'clock, could help give some
> starker contrast. nice scene, you really achieved a sense of scale.

I've added another area light "high". Thanks for this suggestion, I think it
improved the shadows a lot!

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'tvo2.jpg' (72 KB)