POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : wip shark [39 Kb] : Re: wip shark [39 Kb] Server Time
8 Aug 2024 10:20:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: wip shark [39 Kb]
From: s day
Date: 19 Jul 2005 16:50:00
Message: <web.42dd667d9cdd56a2161f02cc0@news.povray.org>
The shark certainly looks a lot better, looks like you have added some
damage to the body. Sharks always seem to look fairly battered but I think
the fins could be a bit more damage, they look a bit too smooth to me.

I like the background but think it needs to look a bit more like it is
underwater, I have never done an underwater scene so I can't really give
any advice (I wouldn't know where to start except I expect very long trace
times..)

A scene with underwater caustics would be good, maybe have the shark nearer
the surface being lit from above with some caustics on the body. Excellent
modelling though, can't remember what you said you used in the last post,
was it wings or blender?