POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Aussie Dollars : Re: Aussie Dollars Server Time
8 Aug 2024 18:17:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Aussie Dollars
From: PM 2Ring
Date: 19 Jul 2005 07:15:01
Message: <web.42dcddfe88096173d46eca60@news.povray.org>
Here's the best milled edge I can get; I've also rounded the edge and rims
slightly. I've smoothed the faces using water_level in the face
height_fields, but now the face details look like they've been stuck on. :(
 I shall work on improving this... maybe some mathematical trickery on the
source function for the heightfield will fix it.

The reflection still leaves a bit to be desired. I suppose I really need to
put the coins into a "richer" environment (pun inteded :). Radiosity &
photons will help, too, but those fancy milled edges really drag down the
rendering speed as it is.

Once everything's working to my satisfaction, I'll try to get all this stuff
into a form that's fit for public consumption. :) Anyone interested in some
general-purpose coin-minting macros?

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'coink4.jpg' (134 KB)