POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Minimalism WIP - what to do? : Re: Minimalism WIP - what to do? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 12:20:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Minimalism WIP - what to do?
From: Ed Jackson
Date: 16 Jul 2005 23:50:00
Message: <web.42d9d44edb87661e437d093a0@news.povray.org>
"Bob Hughes" <bob### [at] charternet> wrote:

> If you were to use the beta of version 3.7 then you could combine regular AA
> with the focal blur. I know that might be problematic to do but if you were
> to try it I can only suggest that AA method 2 is the thing to work with.
> There's currently some trouble with method 1, I believe. In fact, using the
> command-line +a0.2 +r2 +am2 could be adequate.

Thanks for this pointer!  I had been wishing for +am2 along with focal blur,
but I didn't realize they were doing it for 3.7.  Unfortunately for me,
though, the beta is only available as a windows executable.  Since I'm a
card-carrying Linux hippie, I guess I have to wait for the release.

I should be able to get decent enough results with 3.6 though.  Thanks again
for helping me stay up-to-date.  ;)

  -Ed