POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 'Faux-Polaroid' : not for the IRTC Minimalism round... : Re: 'Faux-Polaroid' : not for the IRTC Minimalism round... Server Time
8 Aug 2024 18:21:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 'Faux-Polaroid' : not for the IRTC Minimalism round...
From: Rene Bui
Date: 16 Jul 2005 09:45:01
Message: <web.42d90cf0d54ef3258faa1f670@news.povray.org>
"Bob Hughes" <bob### [at] charternet> wrote:
> Paper pools, eh? Never heard of it, nor this Hockney fellow. So I searched
> and found a place with a book by a Ken Tyler--

http://www.nga.gov.au/InternationalPrints/Tyler/Detail.cfm?IRN=62448&BioArtistIRN=14120&MnuID=SRCH

Oh yes, Kenneth Tyler is an art printer, he is the person who introduce
Hockney to this particular technique and he worked closely on the Paper
Pools with Hockney.

> I'm not exactly sure what is meant by faux polaroids even after checking
> into it by searching the internet. I thought maybe it might be about
> manipulating the chemical emulsion layer by pressing on it, pushing it
> around. I had heard of that years ago.
>
> Bob Hughes

Some polaroid artists in the past did these emulsion layer manipulations,
yes I even remember someones who put their photographs into refrigerator
for a night !

Faux polaroids are nothing else than polaroid shots made without polaroid
camera...

Thanks for your crits and compliments.

Rene
http://rene.bui.free.fr - online portfolio