POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Minimalism WIP - what to do? : Re: Minimalism WIP - what to do? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 12:19:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Minimalism WIP - what to do?
From: Ed Jackson
Date: 15 Jul 2005 00:25:00
Message: <web.42d7397bdb87661e437d093a0@news.povray.org>
Jim Charter <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote:

> 2)  All the radiosity and focal blur doesn't have to be such a factor
> initially as you develop the idea, or other variations, does it?

No, of course not.  I can render reasonable previews without all that, for
purposes of texturing and composition, in a minute or less.  On the other
hand, running one overnight with all the goodies turned on gives me a
chance to tweak those settings too, without waiting until the last minute.
Naturally, it's also a bit of self-indulgence.

I really am a little frustrated with the antialiasing provided by the focal
blur.  I'd love to hear others' experience with where the diminishing
returns set in with variance and confidence settings.

As for "whimsical revisionist history", that's just what I was going for.
I'm glad it at least worked for you.

  -Ed