POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Knoppix and povray : Re: Knoppix and povray Server Time
28 Sep 2024 18:00:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Knoppix and povray
From: gonzo
Date: 14 Jul 2005 14:50:01
Message: <web.42d6b2f8ee18cbbfa0c272b50@news.povray.org>
"Greg M. Johnson" <gregj;-)565### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> I posted an "idea" about povray and knoppix and was suggested to file a bug
> report.  It's #2 for the 4.0 DVD!
>
> http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Bugs/4.0
>
> http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=88147#88147
>

> I may have done a service to povray or I may have tried to remake it in my
> own image in a very annoying way.  Maybe both.

I doubt if you did any disservice, and if Knoppix adds PovRay so it works
out of the box, then you've probably accomplished something, but I don't
think its a Knoppix problem.  I had the same issue with Slackware.
KPovModeler seems to ship with KDE and get installed with it whether there
is a PovRay available or not. Since I was installing PovRay anyway, no
biggie, but it was annoying to have it on the menu but not able to use it.
(And after trying KPovModeler I decided it only had a couple useful tools
anyways)

RG