POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Niagara WIP - Capstan (83k) : Niagara WIP - Capstan (83k) Server Time
8 Aug 2024 12:21:40 EDT (-0400)
  Niagara WIP - Capstan (83k)
From: Tim McMurdo
Date: 14 Jul 2005 10:55:01
Message: <web.42d67cbd6e84ddc4acb32c570@news.povray.org>
I was recently searching for photos of the Niagara online when I discovered
that there was a star painted on the top of the capstan. I decided this was
the perfect excuse to rework the capstan. In the process I discovered that
by applying slope to my textures, I could show wear on the edges of the
parts. I rendered this image with poor radiosity settings, but was so
pleased with the results of my texture experiments, that I decided to share
them with you. the star is a prism that is set into the black wood. All of
the textures are procedural.

Now I need to finish reworking the bottom half of the capstan and
then....rework all the wood textures using slope....this project was
originally concieved as s short project I could use to learn POV-Ray....I
am learning, but it is not a short project!

As allways, I love criticism,

Tim

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: